Dr. Neil Frank's (Former Chief Meteorologist of KHOU, Houston, TX) Grandson Still In ICU By Debra Tucker debratucker518@sbcglobal.net

"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you (and approved of you as My chosen instrument), and before you were born I consecrated you (to Myself as My own);  I have appointed you as a prophet to the nations." ... Do not be afraid of them (or ther hostile faces), For I am with you (always) to protect you and deliver you," says the Lord.  Jeremiah 1:5,8

Brandon was six years old when we moved from mountainous Colorado, to friendly Texas.  Brandon was already built like a brick.  He had incredible upper body strength.  Brandon loved God.  He was a wonderful powerhouse of a prayer also.  

We were having difficulty with a family member.  We believe the scripture which says to lay hands on the sick and to pray for them, and they shall be healed.  Our sweet Brandon would just walk over to that family member, lay hands on the person, and just ask God to make that family member get better.  He just loved this family member so much and wanted so badly for the family member to get better.  Brandon never gave up, and one day that family member did get better!

Brandon wanted to tell everybody about his loving God.  Because Brandon belived that God was a good God and that God wanted the best for people. Brandon wanted to share his special "friend" with all who he came in contact with.  I distinctly remember one day while we were checking out at the grocery store.  Brandon point blank asked the lady at the register, "Do you believe in God?"  I could tell that this cashier maybe did not believe in God, so she kindly squirmed around and fumbled out an answer.  That was just how our Brandon was, bold and friendly.  (I am grateful that she was kind to Brandon).

Being new to the area, Brandon was so proud of the fact that his granddad was a huge celebrity in the community.  His granddad was infamous when it came to hurricanes. He is Dr. Neil Frank, (the former Director of the National Hurricane Center in Miami Florida and at the time the Chief Meteorologist for Channel 11 News for KHOU). At the time that we moved to Houston, there were 
Dr. Neil Frank billboards posted on every major highway around Houston, TX.  Brandon would also ask everyone if they knew who his granddad was. (Keep in mind that Brandon never met a stranger, and we got out  everyday, so that question was asked quite often).  The movie clip in which I have atttached is about the "Neil Frank," haircut.  The word that Brandon was trying to get me to say was, "new".  You see my dad had the same haircut for 61 YEARS!!!   The haircut was my dad's distinct marking for identifying him as Dr. Neil Frank.  He was a man of consistency.  If something worked, why change it? 

I hope that you get a chuckle out of the clip.

I truely believe that God is not finished with Brandon yet.  God knew him before he was created in my womb.  God has a mighty plan and a purpose for Brandon's life.  God said, "I consecrated you, I appointed you, I am with you, I will protect you, and I will deliver you!"  God does NOT break His promises!  I am believing this promise for Brandon, and for each and everyone of us. 

Brandon went head to head with a truck traveling 62 mph and he needs your prayers.  Please pray for God to heal Brandon's brain.  I am standing with you all  on God's promises.  I hope that you are filled with hope and laughter today.

Thanks once again to God, to Brandon's buddy, to ALL of the first responders, to ALL of the hospital staff, and to ALL of you prayer warrior's.  This is not just about "Everybody's Brandon".  It is about the power of God!!

Comments

Popular Posts