The Father's Hands Brandon Still Locked In ICU (Due to Corona) Day 13 5/20/20 by Debra Tucker debratucker518@sbcglobal.net



"My own sheep (Brandon) will hear my (God's) voice and I know each one, and they will follow me.  I give to then the gift of eternal life and they will never be lost and no one has the power to snatch them out of my HAND." John 10:27-28

Everybody's Brandon would always try to wriggle out of my HAND when we were in a crowd.  I would have to hold his wrist instead of his hand, because he would somehow slip his strong hands out of mine and would want to take off.  He loved to play hide and seek in the stores.  One time when I was shopping at a place similar to Costco, a large warehouse of a store, with vast hiding places, tempted Brandon to break free from my hand.  Well, he did just that, and for a brief second I did not look up.  As soon as that fleeting second had past, Brandon disappeared.  I called his name...."Brandon?", no answer.  My heart began to pulsate rapidly, and I thought, "Where did he go?"  I fearfully looked up and down the isle, I quickly looked up and down the next isle.  Poof!  He had vanished, no sound of him anywhere.  I decided to bend down and to look under the hanging clothes, and to my surprise, there were Brandon's strong little legs!!!  As quiet as a mouse, he was hiding from me.  Whew!  

Another time as we were having an eleven member family reunion at none other than the adventuresome DisneyWorld, in Florida, he managed to play a "Houdini," move again on us!  We were enjoying all of the festivities at the, "Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party."  It was nearing midnight, (and no we were not all going to turn into pumpkins), and Brandon once again slipped out of my reach and disappeared!  If you haven't ever been to DisneyWorld, you may have never experienced the multitudes of people which were all around.  The musical noise drowned out all of our beckonings for Brandon.  The darkness of the night drowned out our ability to scan the horizon.  We frantically yelled his name, and scoured the area.  After what seemed like a lifetime, my father found him.  Do you know where Brandon was determined to go at the mere age of four?  He stubbornly wanted to ride the Dumbo ride!  He even gave my dad a hard time for having to leave the line.  To my recollection, Brandon was not allowed to ride the Dumbo ride that evening.

As you can see, a parent holds a child's hand for their protection, because that child is loved so so much.  Brandon may not have understood that we were just looking  out for his best interest.  He thought the store was boring, and he wanted to ride the Dumbo ride at Disney World.  Those desires actually were not harmful, but making those actions on his own without his parental protection may have been disastrous.  When we are held by our loving parents, we are safe. 

I have to remind myself that while Brandon lays "alone" up there in that hospital room, he is in good hands.  Though it may be killing us not to hold his hand now or to just sit in that room, I am fully aware that he is not alone.  When Brandon is held in the loving hands of God, he is safe. 

The top photo shows that Gatlin, Brandon's son, has complete trust in the strong hands of his earthly father. 
Although we can not physically hold Brandon's hand right now (due to Corona) the bottom photo shows Brandon's earthly father holding him in his loving hands. 

Yes, Brandon, is in one of the best trauma hospitals in the world, he has skilled doctors, nurses, and hospital staff frantically working to help him recover after going head to head with a 65mph pickup truck.  Thank you for all that you are doing!!

Brandon is recovering from a broken ankle, a broken fibula, a broken hard palate in the roof of the mouth, and a brain injury.  The following are lists of miracles:

1. Survived 65 mph impact
2. No neck or spinal injuries
3. CAT scan good
4. No internal organ damage
5. Very few broken bones
6. Fever of 102 F broke
7. Talking (somewhat nonsensible)
8. Eating "liquid" foods 5/2020

The next stage of recovery is time.  It takes time for everything to heal.  Wounds heal, broken bones heal, and Brandon's brain needs to heal.  He is being kept somewhat sedated, as is par for the course.

Another stage of recovery is rest.  Brandon is actually resting more and more.  

Your prayer are being heard!! Thank you so much for ALL of the support.  You all are carrying us through this dark time.

My comfort comes knowing that Brandon is lying in the hands of God.  God has a plan.  God is a loving God.  "I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly."
John 10:10!!  God is in control.  "Not my will, but yours be done." was said to God.  God will see this through.  "This battle is the Lord's!"

May you have a day filled with laughter, and with peace.  May the Lord bless you and keep, may the Lord shine His face upon you.  Thank you so much to God, to his buddy who guarded Brandon until the first responders arrived, to the first responders, the entire hospital staff, to friends, and to family!!!! Everybody's Brandon would not be here if it were not for you.  

Comments

Rosie said…
What a beautiful picture of a parent's loving care and our Father's incredible nearness... You are doing a phenomenal job loving and praying for Brandon and keeping us informed so we can pray with you. Thank you! Continuing to pray....

Popular Posts